Deadline for applications Sunday 2 May 2021.
BladeBUG is an ambitious clean-tech company based in London developing robotics to inspect, maintain and repair offshore wind turbines. Our mission is to accelerate the sustainable green energy transition through the use of robotics and automation to enhance both sustainability and quality of employment through provision of safe and upskilled working.
In October 2020 our robot performed the world's first robotic bladewalk on an offshore turbine and in 2021 we are expanding our team to meet the increased interest and demand for our products and services. Like many tech companies, we started small, but we now have the opportunity to develop our team and become a diverse and representative organisation.
We are a friendly and transparent team working to create a productive and diverse culture based on trust. We offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and a great environment.
As a graduate robotics engineer, you will be working with mechanical hardware,software, mechatronics and sensors. You will have the opportunity to work across all product stages, from research and development to prototyping, field trials and delivery.
You’ll be working at the intersection of mechanical, electrical and software engineers who you can learn from and who no doubt will learn from you. You will be expected to:
- Work on designing, prototyping, building and testing the robot
- Develop software that implements practical solutions to specific robotic applications
- Demonstrate working systems and thoroughly test them to establish their operational limits
- Assist with assembling the robot and sub-systems for testing during development
- Integrate peripherals, such as grinders, paint rollers, inspection equipment, IMUs, torque sensors or other equipment
- Attend and conduct field trials and customer demonstrations
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has a passion for robotics and wants to see their hard work have a positive change on the environment.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in robotics, mechanical engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, computer science, mechatronics or similar engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience with robots and/or drones
- Able to communicate clearly and understand complex technical details
- Solid understanding of the interfaces between hardware and software
- Experience with robotics, sensors and systems using C++, and ROS
- Organised, professional and able to balance multiple priorities
- Experience in a relevant industry either through placements, internships, or full roles
- Knowledge and experience with: SLAM, computer vision, point clouds, GNU/Linux
- Experience using workshop tools and CNC equipment for rapid prototyping and development (laser cutting, 3D printing (FDM, SLS), CNC routing etc.)
What we offer
You will be joining us early in the formation of the engineering team giving you the ability to shape the technology, tools, processes and culture of the company.
- This is a full time position with a salary range of £30k to £36k, depending on experience
- Twenty-five days a year holiday
- Pension contributions
- Flexible working hours and locations to help everyone be their most productive
- Training and support for professional development including mentoring for chartering and areas outside of your core role
- The opportunity to play an integral role in building a company in a high growth, sustainable industry
- Regular team socials (we specialise in our own pizza dough making!)
- This role will continue to grow and develop with the company
- A vibrant workspace shared with other innovative hardware companies in the heart of London Bridge
- Regular travel around the UK (and potentially further) to test robots on operating wind turbines
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and what you believe you can bring to the team to email@example.com.
At this stage of our company growth, we cannot offer relocation or visa sponsorship and you must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
No recruiters, please